Intensive Summer Training Camp
Berkshire School – Sheffield, MA
Dates: August 13-20, 2018
Ages: 12* and up (*younger fencers may participate at FC coaches’ discretion)
2018 SUMMER TRAINING CAMP APPLICATION – COMING SOON!
Join Fencers Club’s Olympic and National-level coaching staff and our world-class athletes for an intensive training camp on the picturesque 700+ acre campus of Berkshire School in southwestern Massachusetts. Fencers will engage in drills, tactical exercises, training and conditioning sessions, and supervised bouting. Olympians and US National Team members will attend to train and work with camp participants.
The camp is open to fencers of all levels and experience.
Facilities, Perks and Accommodations:
- Large, newly renovated gym for fencing
- 7:1 fencer to coach/counselor ratio
- State-of-the-art, brand new training facility with lockers and showers
- Quarter-mile training course and soccer fields
- Three daily fencing and conditioning sessions
- Daily evening video analysis
- Mental training sessions with a USOC Sports Psychologist
- FC’s awesome counselors’ after-dinner practice
- Tennis and squash courts available for cross-training
- Comfortable rooms with linen and towels
- Full American breakfast, healthy lunch, hearty dinner and evening snack
- On-site armorer for weapons repair
- Camp-wide competition and award ceremony
- Famous FC camp shirt included
About the Area:
Berkshire School’s picturesque campus sits near Sheffield and Great Barrington in the scenic Berkshire Hills of southwestern Massachusetts. The Berkshires are famous for their natural beauty and rich cultural offerings. Tanglewood, Jacobs Pillows, Shakespeare and Company and numerous theaters are located nearby, as well as state parks and a golf course. Overnight accommodations at inns and hotels are available for visiting families. Please see our camp application for more information.
Fencers Club’s Goals:
- To promote excellence in fencing through intensive training sessions led by Olympic and world-class coaches
- To broaden the base of fencing locally, nationally and internationally
- Using the highest quality facilities to promote Fencers Club’s training program, especially to those fencers coming from across the country and abroad
- To promote a convivial atmosphere of sharing and to have a wonderful summer experience for campers, coaches and staff